Thursday 25 February 2010

NFL Scouting Combine

I read earlier this week that ex Redskins general manager Charley Casserley believes that this years first round draft class is the strongest since 1983. '83 of course was the year of the quarterback class, when 6 quarterbacks went in the first round. 3 of these quarterbacks were hall of famers, John Elway, Jim Kelly and Dan Marino. It also contained single season rushing record holder and hall of famer; Eric Dickerson.

But this isn't a history lesson, my point is that I would bet my student loan that this years first round won't come close to '83's.

Whether or not it's the most talented since then we will have to wait and see. Casserly has won 3 super bowls so he knows his stuff, but with a draft without a single clear star quarterback, I think Casserly's prediction is unlikely to unfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment